Sunday, October 31, 2010
Retreat!
As a commuter student, I really haven't been able to get to know many of my fellow Humanities Scholars. Whenever I would I go to meeting, I would feel super awkward. Finding out about having to wake up at 6:15 AM in order to get to Haverfield by 7:30 AM for a retreat in 30 degree weather didn't make me any more excited either. I took a nice nap on the way to Recreation Unlimited and woke up pretty bummed about how cold it was. As the day progressed, I got more and more close with my group and started enjoying myself! The trust fall was my favorite activity because we definitely had to work as a team in order for everything to work out. In the end, I'm much more comfortable being a Humanities Scholar and I'm happy that I chose to be apart of the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another very belated post! While I am not a commuter I have 3 roommates who I had to get up before in order to use the bathroom so I didn't sleep in much longer. And it was bitter cold. Never stay out that long without gloves kids or else you'll get mild frostbite. Like Me! However, other than the poor circulation of my hands I had a great time. I do enjoy things like that: using my brain(no matter how early) and becoming friendly with the people I share a dorm with but I don't want to do that again until spring.
ReplyDelete