Last weekend was the Columbus Arts Festival downtown. Few students wanted to go because it was the weekend before finals, but I grabbed a friend and made the trek down there. It was scorching hot, but there were plenty of lemonade and water vendors. It was set up all around the art museum (which was open, air conditioned, and free to the public for the weekend). There were tables/tents with artists from all over the country. The types of art ranged from sculptures and pottery to paintings and sketches, to jewelry and crafts. Plus there were plenty of art tables for the kids to start their artist careers.
Overall the festival was really cool. It was nice to be out in the summer heat enjoying art with members of the Columbus community. I felt more connected to the city, which is nice because I often feel like I live in a campus bubble. I recommend the art festival to everyone who enjoys that type of thing. It's every year in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment