Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

spring quarter activities

1. Picnic on the Oval:
This was a really fun event and the weather turned out to be sunny and perfect. Me, Ben and three other girls walked over to the Oval from Haverfield and had a picnic. It lasted about an hour and mostly consisted of talking about the Cap City half marathon and other topics. I am now really interested in running it next year. More people should have came to the picnic, because this was a really great event.
2. End of Year Celebration:
This was a very enjoyable event with really great food. I really enjoyed seeing the slides of favorite humanities scholars events. The funniest part was the video with Ben and Daniel wearing snuggies and dancing around the oval. I also enjoyed reminiscing about the Chicago trip and other fun events humanities scholars has done throughout the year. It was also nice hearing all the advice the seniors learned from their experiences at Ohio State. The reoccurring theme seemed to involve taking advantage of every opportunity available at this school.
3. Asian Festival:
This event was very fascinating because it allowed me to learn more about a culture with which I am not very familiar. This festival was enormous! I heard somewhere that there were over 100,000 visitors. I really enjoyed all the food there was to offer. One of my favorite foods was the spicy Chinese noodles. I also enjoyed all the performances, especially the martial arts demonstrations. I also really enjoyed the performance by the Japanese singers. Overall, this was a very well organized event.

No comments:

Post a Comment