Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring Quarter :)

1. New York.
This had been my second time going to New York with a gigantic group of people, but this time I had way more freedom, and I was super excited about that. I spent a ton of time in Times Square, hands down one of my favorite places in the world. I really loved American, and I'm actually going to see it again on its national tour. One of the best parts of the trip, though, was when a few of us ventured to Battery Park at 9:00 pm to try to see the Statue of Liberty, in the pouring rain. It was definitely an interesting experience.

2. Mary Poppins.
This was also my second time seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway- I saw it last time I was in New York. It was a little less exciting seeing it in Columbus, and it was much less extravagant. The sets weren't as big, but then again, this is not New York. Regardless, it was still a good show.

3. Dinner and Dialogue: North Africa.
I wasn't really aware of what this dinner and dialogue was going to be about, I just saw North Africa, and was in. I love anything foreign. It turned out to be a really interesting discussion over North Africa, and the things that are happening there. He wanted us to start thinking about the things that are happening in the Middle East and North Africa from a less American point of view, and I think that is an interesting perspective no one really ever thinks of.

4. Dime-A-Dog Night.
I love baseball. So when I had the opportunity to go to a game for only $5, I was all over it. As a group, we ate a ton of hot dogs. It was shaping up to be a fairly decent game, but we ended up leaving early, because of the oncoming tsunami. It was a good time, while we were there.

5. Banned Book Club.
This was my second time reading Perks of Being a Wallflower, and it was interesting seeing how much more I understood the book. The first time I read it, I was in 8th grade, and I did not really pay attention to the things that were happening. The discussion was really good, and I especially liked the discussion over the actual banning of books, and why it happens. Banned books are things I've always been interested in, and I can't wait for next year's banned book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment