A survivor of the Holocaust spoke about her experience. She reflected on the tragedy and how she became a survivor. She spoke of her life moto of always helping others. Her speech was both inspirational and emotional. I enjoyed listening to her very much and I think it is important for everyone to hear a story like this.
2. OTL- "The Drowsy Chaperone"
This play was a play within a play. It told the story of a famous woman and her struggle to decide between fame and love. It was an exciting and funny show. It engaged me and I really enjoyed seeing this performance.
3. Humanities Banquet
This was the end of the year banquet that presented awards to Humanities Scholars of 2011. It was a fun award ceremony. The senior's advice encourage me to stay active within the scholar's program. I am really excited for next year!!!!
Having a back ground in theatre I've been interested in seeing OTL's production all year long. Last summer I had the oppertunity to found a studnet community theatre company and producer their first show, so naturally I was interesed in how OTL runs their production (and if their shows are any good). I went into the show with a critcal eye and while I have a long critque, I was impressed overall. I felt that they used their small budget well and I appreciated that they allow a large number of people to be involved. While I don't have time to be invovled with OTL, I'm glad to have them on campus because of what they offer to our community (fellowship, theatre, oppertunities to build various skills, etc.)
ReplyDeleteThe OTL's performance of the Drowsy Chaperone was very impressive. I went to the last performance, mainly to support the friends I had in the cast and crew. I really enjoyed the humor and the talented performances. The hard work put in by the cast and crew was obvious and made the show a success. I am definitely convinced to continue supporting OTL and can't wait to see what they do next.
ReplyDelete