Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Spring Quarter 2011

I truly cannot believe that my freshman year of school is already over. I am so happy to be a part of Humanities Scholars because it has given me my best friends and my future housemates for next year!! This year I went to Gallery Hop as a tradition with one of my friends from high school. The amazing part about Gallery Hop is that within Columbus one can find every single type of person. I really enjoy walking into the boutiques and being able to meet some of the artist is really cool. I also read the banned book for the quarter The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the discussion at the end of the quarter because I was working. I had read the book a couple times before, but the aspect of this book that I really fell in love with the first time I read it was that I discover new aspects of the book each time. It was a really nice break from the stress of the end of the year to be able to end my days with one of my favorite books. I also participated in the end of the year celebration. I really enjoyed the awards and hearing what the seniors' favorite part of the year was. I cannot wait to be standing up there after my senior year telling all the freshman how amazing this program is. Something that I am really excited for is the mentor program that I was accepted into. I am really determined to help the incoming scholars be excited about their freshman year and aid them anyway I can. I know that I felt lost my first year and I want to make sure that they know everything is going to be okay and that they can come to me if they need to. Thanks for an awesome year everyone! Looking forward to three more amazing years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment