Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 10, 2011

In Other Words

On April 12, there was this poetry reading program happening at the Hagerty Gall Crane Cafe. I will admit that I only went to the last half hour or so to see my Major Adviser read in Greek, because my major is Ancient History and Classics, so I will eventually have to take Greek anyway. Also, I never have heard Greek, anyways, so this would be a good first experience. The funny thing about this is that in my last Latin 104 class, my Latin teacher gave us a poem named Ithaca, which my major adviser read at this event. This poem is obviously about journeys (and how you should enjoy the adventure toward your destination) and references the Odyssey. I just thought it was funny that I hear this poem in Greek back in April, than here in June, my Latin gave us this poem (which he said was one of his favorite poems).

No comments:

Post a Comment