Spring quarter has by far been my favorite quarter, as far as Humanities activities go. I attended many more than past quarters and enjoyed them a lot more.
1. Ohio Union Birthday
Happy Birthday Ohio Union! I think the best part about this was the birthday cake milkshake at Sloopy's, yum! The whole celebration was fun and it was cool to be involved in the one year anniversary of a very important campus building.
2. Bellweather Comedy Festival
This was sort of a disappointment from what I expected. Being enrolled in the comedy freshman seminar this quarter, I was encouraged to go for that and Humanities. I only saw about two teams perform, but it wasn't anything I would have to see again.
3. Gallery Hop
The gallery hop in the Short North was really cool. It was great to see all of the art done by students and get Jeni's Ice Cream!
4. Spring Game
Being involved with the marching and athletic bands, I was required to go to this, but I see it at a different perspective than the typical spectator. Sitting right next to the field is awesome, but at this game, I was just ready for it to be over so I could go see my family for Easter. Plus, it had been a long day already with having a 5:30AM report time to the band center. I was impressed with our new quarterback Braxton Miller though! I can't wait to see him in action this fall!
5. Aron Ralston
Having first heard his story in 7th grade, I was so excited that he was coming to speak at OSU! Hearing him speak was incredible, but the coolest part for me was meeting him. I had brought my book to have him sign, which I have had since 7th grade, and he was very impressed that I own a first edition copy of it! I also went to see the showing of "127 Hours." I was impressed with how good the movie was, especially taking place in one spot for most of the movie.
6. Hypnotist
Having seen a hypnotist at my high school before, I was really excited to see that this was going on. Everything he makes them do is hilarious and it's something you have to see to believe.
7. Brunch with Ben and Daniel
We sort of stumbled upon this on accident actually! We totally forgot that it was that day and ran into Ben and Daniel at North Commons. Daniel and his fiance ended up sitting with us and it was great to talk to them outside of Humanities stuff.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment