Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, March 21, 2011

New Book Club

I just joined my mom's bookclub because I love reading and it is a way that my mom and I can stay connected while I am at school. We started off by reading a book of my choice called "The Mountain of Light" that is actually a book about the history of an orphanage that I stayed at in Honduras. It is the facility's story and growth from what it was to what it is now. It is a wonderful book about the values that the facility stands on. They house children who have HIV/AIDS and all the money that they recieve through work groups and sponsers goes directly to the children's medicine and care. My favorite part of the story is where they turned the funeral home in the back into a computer lab because the children are able to live healthy lives now!! It is a wonderful and touching book and you guys should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment