Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Social Network

It's been over a month ago, but one of the first events of the quarter was a OUAB free showing of the Social Network. I must say I was impressed that not only was the movie free, but we were also offered free popcorn and drinks. Only four people went to the showing, including Ben, but it was a pretty decent time. The movie was a lot better than I expected it to be considering it was about facebook. There was a lot more drama involved too than I expected—but that's what made it good.
It was a good movie & a good experience with OUAB. I would definitely not mind going to another movie next quarter.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the movie was very interesting. I thought it was a good choice, as social media like Facebook and Twitter has become much more relevant to our generation in the last few years. It's been cool to see how our society responded to this movie and how it changed how people viewed Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was very good. The acting was amazing the story of how facebook was created was facinating. It showed the technological mindset of our generation and was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete