Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Humanities Last Quarter

Yikes this is late!

I have done a number of humanities related events.
BUCKEYETHON 2011!! This was so amazing. I had the privilege to help organize the event. Watching it unfold before my eyes was truly a thing of beauty. We more than doubled our final total, this years total was $222,518.17. We are the fastest growing dance marathon in the nation!

Another amazing opportunity that I had involved Buck-I-Serv. If you haven't done it but have thought about it, DO IT. One of the most amazing experiences I have ever encountered. We worked half of the day for Habitat for Humanity and the other half at Ruth's Reusables. Ruth's is a warehouse/store that gives away and sells discounted school supplies to teachers in need. I'm going to continue participating in Buck-I-Serv for years to come.

Another experience I had that I was surprised about involved showing my room in the Hav to prospective students. I really liked it and may be a Scholar's Ambassador next year.

Great quarter and super pumped for Spring!

Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment